Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Travel Day: OC to Sacramento

I woke up at the buttcrack of dawn to catch my flight to Sacramento. I had to fly to San Francisco first and then take a puddle jumper to Sacramento. My flight to SF boarded 30 minutes before takeoff which I thought was really early considering that the flight was very light. We left the gate on time and were in the air a few minutes later. I watched an episode of New Girl, which I have never seen before. It was kinda funny. We flew up the coast and 65 minutes later landed at SFO. We were really early and our gate was still occupied. So we sat there for about 15 minutes.

My connecting gate was not very far. And when I arrived there, they needed volunteers to take a later flight. They took my boarding pass and said they'd let me know. Once they started boarding they called me up. They said they would accept me and I signed a paper. Then they saw that some people were missing their connection and they wouldn't need me after all. I boarded the plane and took my seat.

The 80 mile flight was only 25 minutes long. It was actually really nice scenery. I stopped into Starbucks to get a cup of coffee. When I got to the baggage claim my bag was waiting for me. I hopped on the rental car shuttle and when I got off the bus the driver knocked my coffee out of my hand and onto the ground. I was pissed but what could I do. I got into my red Toyota Corolla and was off to my grandparents' house.

No comments:

Post a Comment