Friday, April 21, 2017

Hotel Adagio in San Francisco and flying United from SF to OC

Toward the end of March I attended a conference in San Francisco. I flew up from Orange County (SNA) to San Francisco (SFO) on a Friday night and back on Monday afternoon. I wasn't able to take pictures on the first flight since it was at night. My last night in SF I stayed at the Hotel Adagio, which is part of the Marriott family Autograph Collection. Hotel Adagio is what I would call a boutique hotel. There are only 2 check-in/out desks, with a small lobby, lobby restaurant and bar, and a breakfast room reminiscent of a European hotel.

My room was on the 6th floor and right next to the elevator, but I never heard any elevator noise. I think they gave me an accessible room because the bathroom was huge with railings on most of the walls.


My room was the lowest category of room and it had a queen size bed instead of a king. There wasn't much of a closet which was just to the left of the entrance and just behind a wall. Opposite the closet was a minbar.




Since I'm a Marriott Gold Elite member, I get complimentary breakfast at the hotel. In the breakfast room I was given this menu of choices. I wasn't terribly hungry because I was getting sick, so I opted for the continental breakfast, which was really good and I actually couldn't finish it all.



I noticed this little setup when I was checking out. I guess it's a dog-friendly hotel, but I didn't see any dogs. Besides water for dogs, the hotel provides ice water, fruit, and coffee in the lobby for humans.


The next day I was supposed to take the last flight of the day back to SNA, but I was finished with what I was doing by lunch time. So I was able to change my flight to an earlier one, which was nice because I was able to take pictures.




I flew on an A319 from SFO to SNA. Luckily the seat next to me was open and I was glad to have extra space.



The flight was the typical one hour long intra-California flight. It was particularly windy that day and all flights were taking off toward South San Francisco and the ocean. Usually only the large jets flying to Hawaii or abroad use the runways typically used for landings, but that day all flights were taking off that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment