Thursday, December 31, 2015

A Review of My Travel Moments in 2015

In January I had the opportunity to go to Vienna, which was a nice cold treat. The history of the city is incredible and chocolate cake and coffee are amazing.



I was able to upgrade to Austrian's business class on the way back from Vienna (VIE) to Chicago (ORD) on a 767-300ER.




At the end of March I had the opportunity to visit some schools in Shanghai. I was only there for a few days. Luckily I flew nonstop from LAX to Shanghai (PVG) on United's 787 both ways. It's a really long flight, but the 787 is quite comfortable.





Later in April, I had to go to San Francisco for the day to get visas from the Vietnamese consulate office. I had time to walk around Chinatown to get my favorite rice cakes.



Also in April, I attended a conference in Miami. My conference was at a school that had wild peacocks around the campus.


The first night there I stayed at the Conrad Miami, which is super nice and they upgraded me to one of the residences. It was a 2-bedroom apartment for just me for about 12 hours. It was ridiculous but a nice surprise.



In June I flew to Bhutan via one night in Bangkok at the Conrad. It was an amazing trip to the Himalayan country and flying into one of the most dangerous airports in the world, Paro.




The Tiger's Nest temple is about 2000ft up on a cliff. It requires quite a long trek up the mountain and it was so worth it.



After Bhutan, I had to layover in Kathmandu, Nepal. The flight from Paro (PBH) to Kathmandu (KTM) goes right past Mt. Everest, which was a real special treat.


Onward from Kathmandu, I flew business class on a Qatar Airways A330-300 to Doha for one night.



From Doha, it was on to Istanbul, which is one of my favorite cities ever. The coffee, food, scenery, and people are just wonderful.



On the way back from a trip to the east coast in August, I flew back to LAX and spotted the lovely Air New Zealand 777-300ER in the new black livery. 



In November, I attended a conference in Palm Springs and had the opportunity to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel. Each room has a record to label the room numbers and mine was INXS. So cool. 


In December I had to attend another conference in Tampa, Florida. I was able to fly on United's 787-900 this time. It was actually the same exact aircraft that I flew from LAX to Tokyo in June. 



On the way home from Tampa, this AN-124 was parked across from the terminal. It's not an aircraft you see very often since it is a Russian plane.


This was the view on my last flight of 2015. This was the exit row of a United 757-300. 










No comments:

Post a Comment