Sunday, February 26, 2012

Las Vegas with the (Hawaii) family

Last week I spent 4 days with some members of my dad's side of the family in Las Vegas. Here are the nuts and bolts of that trip:

Day 1:
All 9 of us arrive around noon
Checked-in to Bally's north tower rooms
Everyone gambles until dinner
Dinner at Subway with my cousin (the only other person in our group close to my age)
Local improv show at the Onyx Theater with my cousin (the best $7 entertainment in LV)
Dessert at the Sugar Factory at Paris Hotel with my cousin
Everyone else gambles until midnight

Day 2:
Breakfast at the Sidewalk Cafe at Bally's with everyone
Some of us head downtown to the Fremont to gamble
Lunch at the Paradise Cafe at the Fremont
Drive back to Bally's
My uncle, cousin, and I exercise at the hotel formerly known as the Hilton
Dinner at the Paris Le Village Buffet with everyone
Everyone else gambles at Paris and Bally's until midnight

Day 3:
Breakfast at Planet Hollywood Spice Market Buffet with everyone
Some of the group stays to gamble at Planet Hollywood
My uncle, cousin, and I head to Wynn/Encore after walking around Planet Hollywood and Bally's.
We eat a snack at the Wynn
We go to the former Hilton and my cousin and I go to the spa while uncle exercises
Dinner at Rio World Carnival buffet
My cousin and I meet up with a friend for a drink at a local bar
Go back to Bally's
Everyone else gambles until midnight

Day 4:
Breakfast at Sidewalk Cafe at Bally's with everyone
Pack and check-out
Drive back to OC

I'm sure you noticed the pattern of the compulsive gambling that everyone does and eating. I get bored gambling that much and I was glad to spend so much time not gambling with my uncle and cousin who don't gamble at all.

I will post some of the reviews I wrote for tripadvisor:


No comments:

Post a Comment